I had a busy week-end, alterning friends and development. And I’m actually quite proud of the two projects I started since Friday. The first one is webmanner, that I announced yesterday. But that converter was only created to be followed by ManPad :)
As you may know, I’m currently building a man to html converter in ruby. I noticed that in many manpages, we have
< signs, that must, of course, be escaped in html. After a bit of looking around, I added a few lines of code to fix that issue. Quick fix, easy win :) Then things went weird!
I still receive mails here and there about aspyct, and that’s always a great pleasure :) But aspyct is now discontinued for a simple reason: it’s very easy to do with python what aspyct offers.
PS: For those who are lost, aspyct was first an AOP (aspect oriented programming) library for python :)
Discover the secrets behind the aspyct library.
If you follow me closely, maybe you’ve seen that I started creating an iPad unix man reader: ManPad. To simplify development, I intend to convert manpages to the HTML format, so that I can simply put a webview and relax :)
But because I found no convincing man to html converter (were either buggy or slow), well… I created yet another man to html converter, webmanner. Surely it’s still far from perfect… But it’ll do for now :)
Read more about webmanner on its dedicated page.
Small update to APServiceBox, adding the
NSObject+APServiceBox category and the
defaultBox method. These two allow you to make objects that will themselves ask for dependencies. This contributes to reduce the amount of code, and in some cases facilitates some difficult situations.